Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Food Fun!

Today has been a bit rough for Mommy and Little Man. I think most of the problem is due to not getting enough sleep last night and some of it maybe just a two year old pushing boundaries. Either way, when we arrived home from our Mom 2 Mom meeting we need lunch and a distraction, quickly!

So I grabbed little man’s two favorite cookie cutters from our box of 101 Cookie Cutters (so glad I purchased that box this past December!) and the stuff for grilled cheese sandwiches. I set little man up on the counter with his sippy cup and he helped me make CARS AND “CHOO-CHOOS” Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. We had a good bit of fun during the process and he enjoyed eating the finished product afterward.

So here is a quick step by step for those who might need it…

Step 1

Grab your toddler (or over-grown child, AKA an ADULT), cookie cutter shape of choice (more than one is okay), bread, cheese, butter & pan.

My Juice-Drinking Helper!

Step 2

Cut out the bread using your preferred cookie cutter. Making sure to match them up correctly, butter the OUTSIDE sides of the bread and then place one butter side down into already warmed skillet (I add a little butter to the skillet when I heat it up). Add your cheese and then place the second cut out slice of bread on top making sure to put the buttered side up.

The car cut-outs...

Train, AKA "Choo-Choo"...

Cooking side one...

Step 3

Cook for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown and the cheese has melted. I usually place a lid over my pan to help the cheese melt faster so I don’t end up burning the bread trying to melt the cheese.

My lid "method"...

Finished Product!


Step 4

Enjoy your sandwich!


Had to add this shot, this is quite the look!

Yummy!


I have a feeling this is how we will be making Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Avocado Melts & Tuna Melts from now on! YUMMY!

1 comment: